Friday, October 27, 2006

First night back

First night back to work had the same reaction from most of my old customer "oh no". Yes they missed me dearly down there and I can see why man business has gone way down. Friday night dinners was dead tonight. Usually the place is packed front and back. A lot of the customers even told me tonight to bring the customers back. I could see what they was talking about there was not very many old faces in there. One of my favorite little old ladies said she might even bring me in homemade cinnamon rolls. It's great to be loved and missed so much. Some customers were totally ecstatic to see me back had to give me hugs and even stayed longer then usual. I've already drummed up two customers for Friday night dinners. On my way home I stopped at my neighborhood drivethru liquor store. Told them I was back to work at the VFW and they said does that mean Friday night dinners again. Looks like I have to hunt down mangy ole mutt and tell him I'm back he hasn't been in for awhile. I need my guard dog back after all. All in all it was a fun night made me kind of glad it wasn't real busy gave me time to catch up with my old customers. Talk to you later.

No comments: