Monday, September 15, 2008

computer crash to born again

I am preparing to make an ultimate sacrifice for the better of my computer (I'm told). This all started last week when we attempted to put a web site building program on my computer. Let's just say my computer is very picky about what it lets me download and use on it. A good example my computer does not like Norton antivirus at all. So anyway we decided to put an extra hard drive on my computer for me to load the web site program on. We'll call this plan A. It didn't work the program loaded one part on second hard drive but put the main part on my regular hard drive. We also come to find out that the second hard drive has been partitioned into 2 parts and its only a 4 gig. So anyway time for plan B. We are going to crash my computer and reboot it. One good thing hubby is good at crashing his and getting it back up within half hour. But first I must save all my vital stuff to disk. OK my disk burner don't work. Here we go with plan C. I will load the second hard drive with my info give hard drive to hubby to load to his computer and burn to CD for me. This is taking forever I have decided to delete about half the stuff that I really don't need I guess can always go find it again if needed. Now I am checking the disks to make sure everything is there and working before the big crash. Hubby is even going to kill the battery to the motherboard (I guess) so it forgets everything we have ever done together and see if he can fix my disk burner problem. I am waiting on one more set of disks for hubby to copy then we shall begin the death and rebirth of my computer. All I can say is everyone PLEASE cross your fingers and toes and everything else for me. Hopefully when and if me and my computer make it back alive hopefully I will be able to load the web site builder and start working on a web design for asthebarturns.com. So remember I love you all I hope to be back soon and wish me luck. I'm going to need it.

No comments: