Friday, August 08, 2008

lifes curves

I was out the other day and ran into an old friend I hadn't seen in years. The years had not been good for him. About twenty years ago when I first met him he was hot had a high paying job and doing well. Well a lot has changed since last I seen him about ten years ago. Now he's a poor old drunk out of work. Back in his younger days he got a great job doing asbestos removal. Then he got drunk one night and wrecked and got a DUI lost his job and has been bouncing around since. I asked him if the reason he looked so bad was if he had that asbestos poisoning or did he get lucky enough to be in with all the mesothelioma lawsuits. He said no that he didn't blame the asbestos for his condition he blamed alcohol. I told him he should look into some mesothelioma information just to be sure. Cause I've seen a lot of alcoholics and they didn't look near as bad as he did. As we sat there talking he asked me if I knew any good DUI lawyers cause he had another accident and needed one. I couldn't help him out much I gave him a couple names that I had heard before but told him I didn't know how good they were. As we parted ways I could only hope that he would take some of my advice and get treatment whether it was for asbestos poisoning or for alcoholism. He's a great guy and I hate to see him waste away. But anyway time to go do some work housework that is.

No comments: