Wednesday, May 30, 2007

getting drunk on hand sanitizer

An e-mail circulating claims that a child spent two days in a hospital and nearly died after drinking a common product -- hand sanitizer.
Nashville television station WSMV reported that the warning appears to be legitimate., a site that specializes in dispelling urban legends, confirmed two cases of severe alcohol poisoning from children drinking hand sanitizer.
Experts say a bottle of hand sanitizer can be 124 proof, which is a higher alcohol content than whiskey
Tennessee Poison Control said they receive an average of one call a day about an accidental ingestion of hand sanitizer, and it has been banned from many prisons across the country because inmates were using it to get drunk, the station reported.
Now you can have a clean mouth and get drunk at the same time for less money. Now here's a good question if you have to wash your hands several times with the hand sanitizer will it soak in the skin and then you will be too drunk to drive? Another question are police using hand sanitizer and driving around drunk? Or what about that doctor getting ready to operate on you?

No comments: